To Be Published Two (2) Times
Week of April 7, 2019
Week of April 14, 2019
One Proof of Publication
BOROUGH OF SOUDERTON
ENTRY-LEVEL POLICE OFFICER
The Souderton Borough Police Department, in conjunction with the Civil Service Commission of the Borough of Souderton, will be accepting applications for the full time position of Entry-Level Police Officer. General Requirements for this position include:
- United States Citizen. In the case of a foreign born applicant, evidence satisfactory to the Commission shall be produced showing the person to be a naturalized citizen.
- Twenty-One (21) years of age or older
- High School Graduate or GED Equivalency diploma
- Current Municipal Police Officer’s Education and Training Commission Act 120 Certification
- Valid Commonwealth of Pennsylvania motor vehicle operator’s license
- Medically capable to perform duties of a police officer
- An Applicant shall NOT have any tattoo, piercing or gauging that are visible while wearing a collared short sleeve shirt without a tie.
Applications can be obtained at the Souderton Borough Office, 31 W. Summit Street, Souderton, Pennsylvania between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. A non-refundable administrative fee of $35.00, payable by check or money order (no cash) must be submitted with the application. Checks must be made payable to the Borough of Souderton. All applications must be received no later than 12:00 noon on Wednesday, May 1, 2019 for consideration. Applicants fulfilling all general requirements will be invited to take the written examination.
The written examination will be conducted at 10:00 am on Friday, May 17, 2019 in the Council Chambers of the Souderton Municipal Building, 31 W. Summit Street, Souderton, Pennsylvania.
Click here to print above information: PoliceOfficerRecAnnouncement