ORDINANCES FOR TRASH/RECYCLING/LEAF PICK UP
What day will my trash and recycling be collected by J.P. Mascaro? See the map below
- Please make sure your cans are out by 6 am on day of collection. Cans will be turned sideways after they are empty.
- Please contact the Borough office 215-723-4371 with issues with trash pick up or questions about pick up.
- The division of Thursday or Friday service days is East Chestnut Street & West Broad Street
- Thursday will be the pickup day for those residents located North of East Chestnut Street and West Broad Street.
- Friday will be the pickup day for those residents located South of East Chestnut Street South and South of West Broad Street.
- Click Below to see a Map Map of Souderton Borough Collection Zones
Why did my Trash/ Recycling not get picked up?
- The most common reason your trash or recycling didn’t get picked up is that the cans aren’t to the edge of the Property. JP Mascaro will not come on to your property to get the cans. Cans need to be moved from next to the garage to edge of property. If in an alley cans should be at end of parking area where alley meets parking area. Also JP Mascaro will not return the cans back on to your property they will put them back on the edge of the property.
- Second most common reason that your cans aren’t getting picked up is because they are blocked. Please make sure that your car isn’t blocking your cans.
- One reasons that your Trash is picked up and not your Recycling would be: you have non recyclable items in your recycling can. Please review the list of recyclable items below.
- There are a few other reasons why your trash or recycle wasn’t pick up. These reasons are listed on the Notice of Non Compliance please click below for more reasons. JP Mascaro has been putting Notice of Non-Compliance for curbside collection notices on your cans if they find issues. Please review the notice and make the changes needed to comply so that they will continue to pick up your trash/recycling. Click here to see a copy of the Notice of Non-Compliance
When will I get my bill? And who will be billing me?
- The bills will be mailed quarterly. Just like the sewer bills, trash service bills are payable to Souderton Borough.
- Payments can be made in person or by mail. Payments can be made by cash, check or credit card. All card payments have a fee of 2.45 % min of $3.00 that Munici-pay retains. The borough doesn’t keep the processing fee.
- When paying by check Sewer payments and Trash payments must be paid on two separate checks.
- Souderton Borough prefers both Trash and Sewer services mailing to go to the property owner or property manager. If you are a property owner and request to have a utility bill mailed to the occupant of your property you must understand regardless of who resides at your property the owner of the property will always be responsible for unpaid invoices.
Where can I purchase my bags?
- The bags are now available for purchase at the Souderton Borough Office. The specially marked bags are $4.00 per bag. Click here for a photo of the bag.
- No more than 4 bags can be placed out on the curb per week. Please note: If one or more bags will be going to the curb per week, it may be more cost effective to go with the Standard Weekly Service Trash Recycling Tote Service.
Why did I get multiple sets of Totes?
- Each unit is required to have trash and/ or recycle service.
- If you have 4 units in your building you will receive 1 set of totes per unit. Four recycle totes and four trash totes.
- If you have a multi unit building please call our office 215-723-4371
I just moved into Souderton Borough. What should I do?
- At Settlement you should have received a copy of the trash form please update that form and return it to our office. You can either Fax it 215-723-4371, mail it, or email it to us.
- If you move in in the middle of a quarter if the seller already paid for full quarter you will pay them for the rest of your quarter, we will not be prorating the bills. If there is a outstanding Balance you will have to get that amount from Seller at settlement for their part of that quarter.
- If you have misplaced your letter please print form and send it in to office.
- Ordinance no 15-720-03 Waste Collection and Recycling requires all residents and property owners to have Recycling and Trash Collection.
BULK removal information
J.P. Mascaro & Sons will also provide bulk waste removal service for standard service customers. Our contract permits that they will pick up one bulk item (i.e. mattress, furniture, etc.) per household per week. For more items than one large item please contact 1-800-432-1616 and ask for Marketta for JPM Bulk pick up.
They will not pick up tires, TV’s, electronic devices, or appliances containing Freon. Please look lower in the post about how to dispose of tires, TV’s and electronic devices. For Freon appliance please refer to : https://www.montcopa.org/1927/Appliances-Containing-Freon
State and Municipal regulations require all residents and property owners to recycle. Residents can now recycle more and throw away less waste with a larger wheeled tote for recycling. You were provided with a new 64 gallon red toter with a blue lid. Recyclables can be mixed together. No Sorting needed and please don’t bag your recyclables.
Items that can be recycled are: newspapers, inserts & junk mail, magazines, catalogs and envelopes, paper back books and phone books, cardboard, clean pizza boxes, office & school papers (colored paper), box board (Cereal, cake, & cracker boxes), paper egg cartons, paper bags, aluminum cans & clean foil, tin c& empty steel aerosol cans, empty glass jars& bottles, and all plastic containers labeled #1-#7.
Items NOT to recycle: Garbage, plastic bags, food waster, Styrofoam, motor oil, plastic toys, batteries, electronics, CD/DVD, egg cartons, hangers, and yard waste. 12 items not to put in your recycling container.
Not sure about an item. Check the link below on how to dispose of a certain item.
2018 Montgomery County Recycling Events
For Additional information please contact MontgomeryCountyRecycles.org or call 610-278-3618 please don’t contact the host sites.
All Dates are on our Calendar on this website on the left hand side. Below are printable flyers for each event.
What is Collected to be Recycled printable list of Recyclables.
Educational material about Recycling mandated by Act 101:
VIDEO ON Recycling https://vimeo.com/51933771
Printable Single bin Flyer http://www.recommunity.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/re_acceptable_materials_resedential_print.pdf
More Recycling information http://www.montcopa.org/2243/Waste-less-Recycle-more
Leaves and Branches
Borough will still pick up leaves and branches as they have been doing.
Contact Borough office so you can be added to the pick up list for Branch pick up. Pick up will start the First Monday of the Month. No Alley pick up. Must be out front or on side street. Branch sizes should be 1-6 inches in diameter and 1-8 foot in length. No root-balls, shrubs, logs or stumps. They must be neatly piled on the curb for easy pick up. They shouldn’t have leaves or other debris mixed in with them. To dispose of items as root-balls, shrubs, stumps check the following websites. Twigs smaller than 1 inch maybe disposed of in your trash totter.
For disposal of branches larger than 6 inches in diameter please refer to https://extension.psu.edu/spotted-lanternfly-tips-for-handling-yard-waste-in-quarantined-areas. We are in Spotted Lanternfly Quarantine area.
Leaves will be picked up in October and April. Normally pick-ups are the first two weeks in April and the whole month of October. Please check back in October and April for a special post with more details about pick-ups.
PLEASE PLACE STICKS FOR BRUSH COLLECTION ON A SEPARATE PILE THAN LEAVES. LEAVES AND STICKS WILL NOT BE PICKED UP IF THEY ARE ON THE SAME PILE. THE STICKS CLOG THE LEAVE MACHINE. THANK YOU.
Spot Collections scheduled to begin the week of OCTOBER 22nd
Spot collection of leaves will start on Monday October 22nd. The entire Borough will be spot checked for piles of leaves. The regular pick-up of leaves, which is listed below, will start on Monday October 29th.
Rake your leaves to the curb line of the street for collection by the Borough. Please note that the Borough will not collect leaves in alleys. Leaves are collected through vacuum equipment and disposed at a recycling facility. Please keep in mind that we cannot pick-up piles of leaves with excessive quantities of sticks, stones, hedge clippings, plant materials, and other trash. These items will damage or clog the equipment or jeopardize our ability to dispose of the load at the recycling facility. Rain could possibly delay pick-up as wet leaves clog the vacuum machine.
Collections will alternate each week between east and west sections of the Borough. Rake your leaves out to the street by Monday of the scheduled collection week; remember that once the crew has passed your street they will not return until the next scheduled collection time.
WEST SECTION- SECTION 2 on Map
Includes the area west of the railroad tracks to the Borough line between Reliance Road & Cherry Lane
- 1st Collection: October 29th – November 2nd
- 2nd Collection: November 12th – 16th
- 3rd Collection: November 26th – 30thIncludes the area east of the railroad tracks to the borough line between Reliance Road and Cherry Lane
- EAST SECTION- SECTION 1 on Map
- 1st Collection: November 5th – 9th
- 2nd Collection: November 19 – 23 No Collection on 11/22 or 11/23 due to Thanksgiving Holiday
- 3rd Collection: December 3rd-7th
TV DISPOSAL UPDATED 07/24/2018
Pennsylvania state law requires that televisions, computers and monitors be recycled and prohibits disposal as trash. Some of the curbside trash haulers will pick up TV’s for a fee.
You can also contact a haul-out company like 1-800-GOT-JUNK or 1-800-HAUL-OUT the GEEK SQUAD 1-800-433-5778 or Junkluggers Recycling 215-800-0922 to come to your home to pick up your TV for a fee.
A.J. Catagnus 1299 West James Street Norristown, PA 19401 610-277-2727(Accepts CRT TV’s and monitors for a fee of $1.00 per pound)
ECOvanta 2209 S. 58th Street Philadelphia, PA 19143(FREE TV, computer and monitor drop off for PA residents only on the first and third Wednesday of each month from 12:30pm to 3:30pm. PA residents may direct their inquiries to 215-921-7508 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
eForce Compliance 3114 Grays Ferry Avenue Philadelphia, PA 19146 215-964-6665 (Accepts CRT TV’s and computer monitors – pay fee and receive a coupon of equal or greater value that may be used in an eForce retail store)
E-Waste Experts, Inc. 416 Green Lane Bristol, PA 19007 877-328-2927 (Accepts CRT TV’s and computer monitors for a fee)
Grace Computers 1110 N. West End Blvd. Quakertown, PA 18951 215-536-0100 (Accepts all electronics and appliances for a fee. Drop-off hours: Monday-Friday 9am – 5pm)
J.P. Mascaro & Sons – Total Recycle Inc.1270 Lincoln Road Birdsboro, PA 19508 1-888-627-2276 (Accepts CRT TV’s and computer monitors at $1.50 per pound at the Public Drop-off Center. Hours: Monday-Saturday 7am -5pm)
Liberty Thrift & Home Furnishings (3 locations)
Collegeville Pottstown Chester Co.
3841 Ridge Pike 1300 N. Charlotte Street 65 East Bridge Street
Collegeville, PA 19426 Pottstown, PA 19464 Spring City, PA 19475
610-831-9856 610-970-6306 610-792-1460
(Accepts only newer cable ready flat screen TV’s any size in all 3 locations. NO older TV’s or consoles and NO CRT monitors)
Perkasie PC Repair & Recycling 1133 N. 5th Street Perkasie, PA 18944 215-257-7727 (Accepts CRT TV’s and computer monitors for a fee of $20.00 or higher depending on size)
Shred One Security Corporation Located in Huntingdon Glenn Office Park 1830 County Line Road, Unit 310 Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006 215-364-2265 (Drop-off is open to the public on Saturdays 9am-1pm – will accept CRT TV’s and computer monitors. Please see Eligible Items and Pricing)
611 Metals 2509 Wyandotte Rd Willow Grove, PA 19090 267-221-6924 (Accepts CRT TV’s and monitors for a fee and will pay for computers and some electronics and offers hard drive shredding/wiping from computers for security)
Richter Drafting & Office Supply 757 Route 113 Souderton, PA 18964 215-723-3900 (Accepts all electronics – TV’s $45.00 (No Projection TV’s) – Monitors $15.00 – No Appliances – Call for Pricing) Drop-off hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 4:40pm
The Junkluggers Recycling Center 1438 Easton Road Abington, PA 19001 215-800-0922 (Accepts TV’s and monitors and offers pick up service. Open Monday-Friday by appointment only. Saturday 8:30am – 1pm Closed Sunday)
Vietnam Veterans of America Call 1-800-775-8387 or PickUpPlease to schedule a pick up (Accepts working flat panel, LCD, LED, Plasma and computer monitors. NO CRT or DLP TV’s are accepted. TV’s must be light enough for one person to pick up)
Recycling at Community Events
There will be Recycling containers provided at all community events attended by 200 or more people. Please see Ordinance no 10-694-05 Recycling Containers at Community Events for more information.
Northern Montgomery County Recycling Commission
Souderton Borough is a member of the Northern Montgomery County Recycling Commission (NMCRC), a group of 11 municipalities that work together to increase recycling and promote recycling awareness and education in compliance with the state’s recycling law, PA Act 101 of 1988, as amended. For more information on the NMCRC, including recycling information, please click here.