- Souderton Borough Council Office hours are strictly for sharing information and not for decision making.
- Residents/business owners will send an email to the borough manager to request a Zoom link to the “Souderton Borough Council Office Hours” and provide their Name/Business, Address, and contact information (phone/email).
- Residents/business owners will be provided the Code of Conduct document.
- Participants will dress, speak, and act in a professional manner during the office hours.
- Residents/business owners can bring concerns and/or ask questions.
- Councilors will respond to questions when appropriate or refer residents to the borough website.
- Councilors will refer residents/business owners to the borough manager when appropriate.
- Councilors will refer residents/business owners to the borough meetings when appropriate to discuss a concern.
- Councilors will take notes and report them to the borough council at the Work Session.
- No portion of the Souderton Borough Council Office Hours shall be recorded, photographed, or otherwise reproduced in a visual or audio format by anyone.
- Councilors reserve the right to “end the virtual meeting” with participants at any time.
- No decisions will be made at these virtual “Souderton Borough Council Office Hours.”
To request public records, download the Right-to-Know Request Form and submit it to the borough office. A response or an interim letter will be sent within five business days of receiving the request. Fees for records are based on the fees recommended by the Pennsylvania Office of Open Records; photocopies will cost 25 cents per page and certified police reports will cost $15 per report. Specialized documents and postage fees will be billed at their actual costs.
For more information on the Right-to-Know Law, visit the Pennsylvania Office of Open Records
A Use and Occupancy Permit is required for any sale or conveyance of property. This permit will require a physical inspection of your property, which should be completed 30 days prior to the scheduled settlement to provide time to address any noted problems. A priority of the inspection will include the condition of curb and sidewalks and/or the construction of curb and sidewalk along the frontage of your property if it is not present and the removal of any basement floor drain that is connected to the sanitary sewer system. Uand0 TECHNICAL SECTION.pdf USE AND OCCUPANCY INSPECTION REPORT 2017. Make sure when you are submitting the U&O application to include a request for Final Sewer (sewer certification) and Final Trash (trash certification). Certifications are to be completed on a separate sheet from the U&O application. Fees are $25.00 for sewer certification and $25.00 for trash certification. Please make sure they are all on separate checks.
***IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO OPEN AND DOWNLOAD FILES ON OUR SITE PLEASE GOOGLE: HOW TO TURN ON SMART SCREEN SETTINGS****
Souderton Borough ordinances are online for easier accessibility to residents. Souderton Borough Council has considered and enacted over seven hundred ordinances governing a vast variety of matters from designating streets, traffic laws, creating a police department, setting annual budgets and tax rates, building codes, property maintenance, use of public parks and public spaces to name only a few. Most of the borough ordinances are codified and maintained in specific categories for easy reference by a municipal consulting firm known as General Code. This firm has completed the update to our codification of ordinances to make this entire library of ordinances available online. Please Click Here to view the library of ordinances.
One major component of legislation is the Souderton Borough Zoning Ordinance. This ordinance establishes zoning districts throughout the Borough and permitted uses and other regulations governing the use of property. The Zoning Map and Zoning Ordinance is appended to this article for viewing or downloading.
The division and development of property within the Borough is governed by the provisions of the Souderton Borough Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance, most commonly referred to as SALDO. This ordinance is a comprehensive document governing procedures to create subdivisions of property and provides regulations for the development of property covering all aspects from utility construction, street construction, landscaping, stormwater management and even architectural standards in certain zoning districts. A copy of the SALDO regulations is also appended to this article.
Paying Your Trash and Sewer Bill
You can pay your Sewer and Trash Bills via US Mail, in office (M-F 8:30 am to 5 pm), via drop box (24/7 in vestibule), over the phone (M-F 8:30 am to 5pm) or online via MuniciPAY (24/7 from home) using:
- Check (In office, drop box or Mail) NO FEE
- Cash (In office, drop box or Mail) NO FEE
- Money Order (In office, drop box or Mail) NO FEE
- Visa, MasterCard, and Discover (Service fee will apply, see below) FEE
Convenience Fee for payments using a Credit/Debit Cards for payments.
Souderton Borough will offer the convenience of accepting MasterCard, Discover, and Visa credit cards for sewer and trash bills. The online Credit Card payment processing company will charge a service fee of 2.45% or $3.00 minimum to cardholders who use this service. Therefore this fee will be applied any time there is a payment made via credit card. Debit cards are considered Credit Cards the fee will apply to them as well. Additionally this charge applies if you use your card online, over phone, via mail, in drop box or in the office.
This fee goes directly to the third party who will be processing the transaction for us; it is not retained by the Borough.
The link is on the top of the web page on right hand side BILL PAY
Also there is a link on the left hand side under contact us that says BILL PAY
You will need the Last name of the Account holder and Account Number. Please us last name only and not add the first name into search field. If you need your account number or need any help please contact us at the Borough office 215-723-4371.