Answers to Frequently asked Questions
When will I get my J.P. Mascaro trash tote and/or recycle tote?
- Delivery of new trash and recycling totes is now in progress for the New Year.
When do I terminate my current trash hauler?
- You should maintain your current hauler until the end of December. Please notify your current trash hauler that you are a resident of Souderton Borough and will be terminating your current service due to the Boroughs single hauler contract with a J. P. Mascaro. Most local trash haulers are aware of the single hauler contract effective January 1, 2016.
When should we begin to use the J.P Mascaro totes and what day will my trash and recycling be collected by J.P. Mascaro? See the map below
- The contract will begin on January 1, 2016.
- The division of Thursday or Friday service days is East Chestnut Street & West Broad Street
- Thursday will be the pickup day for those residents located North of East Chestnut Street and West Broad Street.
- Friday will be the pickup day for those residents located South of East Chestnut Street South and South of West Broad Street.
- Friday January 1, 2016 is News Years Holiday the first pick up will be on Saturday January 2, 2016 for South of West Broad Street and East Chestnut Street.
- Service North of West Broad Street and North of East Chestnut Street will be Thursday pick up beginning on Thursday January 7, 2016.
- Click here to see a
When will I get my bill? And who will be billing me?
- The first quarterly invoice will be mailed from the Souderton Borough office during the first week of January 2016. The billing period will include January, February and March of 2016.
- The bills will then be mailed quarterly. Just like the sewer bills, trash service bills are payable to Souderton Borough.
- Payments can be made in person or by mail. Payments can be made by cash, check or credit card.
- When paying by check Sewer payments and Trash payments must be paid on two separate checks.
- Souderton Borough prefers both Trash and Sewer services mailing to go to the property owner or property manager. If you are a property owner and request to have a utility bill mailed to the occupant of your property you must understand regardless of who resides at your property the owner of the property will always be responsible for unpaid invoices.
I have selected the Optional Weekly Recycling Tote Service with the Trash Bag Program. Where can I purchase my bags?
- For those who selected the recycle and bag program the bags are now available for purchase at the Souderton Borough Office. The specially marked bags are $4.00 per bag. Click here for a photo of the bag.
- No more than 4 bags can be placed out on the curb per week. Please note: If one or more bags will be going to the curb per week, it may be more cost effective to go with the Standard Weekly Service Trash Recycling Tote Service.
Why did I get multiple sets of Totes?
- Each unit is required to have trash and/ or recycle service.
- If you have 4 units in your building you will receive 1 set of totes per unit. Four recycle totes and four trash totes.
I did not return my form. What should I do?
- Regardless if you returned you Trash Service preference the program will default to the Standard Weekly Trash Recycling Tote Service per unit.
- Should the Recycle and Bag program be your option of choice, kindly complete the form as soon as possible and drop off to the Souderton Borough office.
- If you currently have a dumpster at your location, please contact Borough office.
- If you have not returned the trash form and you would like the contact information recorded, kindly bring the completed form to the Borough office as soon as possible.
- If you have misplaced your letter please print form and bring it in to office. Click here for the Form
BULK removal information
J.P. Mascaro & Sons will also provide bulk waste removal service for standard service customers. By our contract they will pick up one bulk item (i.e. mattress, furniture, etc.) per household is permitted per week. No tires, TV’s, electronic devices, or appliances not containing Freon.
Appliances containing Freon, such as refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioners please contact montgomerycountyrecycles.com or call 610-278-3618 for a list of companies that will dispose of these items.
Residents can now recycle more and throw away less waste with a larger wheeled tote for recycling. You will be provided a new 64 gallon red toter with a blue lid. Recyclables can be mixed together. No Sorting needed and please don’t bag your recyclables.
Items that can be recycled are: newspapers, inserts & junk mail, magazines, catalogs and envelopes, paper back books and phone books, cardboard, clean pizza boxes, office & school papers (colored paper), box board (Cereal, cake, & cracker boxes), paper egg cartons, paper bags, aluminum cans & clean foil, tin c& empty steel aerosol cans, empty glass jars& bottles, and all plastic containers labeled #1-#7.
Items NOT to recycle: Garbage, plastic bags, food waster, Styrofoam, motor oil, plastic toys, batteries, electronics, CD/DVD, egg cartons, hangers, and yard waste.
Leaf and Brush
Borough will still pick up leaves and brush as they have been doing.
Holiday Service Exceptions:
Offices and operations are closed on Labor Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. Some of our municipal contracts specify other dates that we are not allowed to service, but our offices will be open. In most cases, if you receive twice a week service and one of the above holidays falls on a collection day, you will be serviced on your next scheduled collection day. If you receive once a week service, collection will be moved to the next day.