Answers to Frequently asked Questions
What day will my trash and recycling be collected by J.P. Mascaro? See the map below
- Please make sure your cans are out by 6 am on day of collection. Cans will be turned sideways after they are empty.
- Please contact the Borough office 215-723-4371 with issues with trash pick up or questions about pick up.
- The division of Thursday or Friday service days is East Chestnut Street & West Broad Street
- Thursday will be the pickup day for those residents located North of East Chestnut Street and West Broad Street.
- Friday will be the pickup day for those residents located South of East Chestnut Street South and South of West Broad Street.
- Click Below to see a Map
Why did my Trash/ Recycling not get picked up?
- The most common reason your trash or recycling didn’t get picked up is that the cans aren’t to the edge of the Property. JP Mascaro will not come on to your property to get the cans. Cans need to be moved from next to the garage to edge of property. If in an alley cans should be at end of parking area where alley meets parking area. Also JP Mascaro will not return the cans back on to your property they will put them back on the edge of the property.
- Second most common reason that your cans aren’t getting picked up is because they are blocked. Please make sure that your car isn’t blocking your cans.
- One reasons that your Trash is picked up and not your Recycling would be: you have non recyclable items in your recycling can. Please review the list of recyclable items below.
- JP Mascaro has been putting Notice of Non-Compliance for curbside collection notices on your cans if they find issues. Please review the notice and make the changes needed to comply so that they will continue to pick up your trash/recycling. Click here to see a copy of the Notice of Non-Compliance
When will I get my bill? And who will be billing me?
- The bills will be mailed quarterly. Just like the sewer bills, trash service bills are payable to Souderton Borough.
- Payments can be made in person or by mail. Payments can be made by cash, check or credit card.
- When paying by check Sewer payments and Trash payments must be paid on two separate checks.
- Souderton Borough prefers both Trash and Sewer services mailing to go to the property owner or property manager. If you are a property owner and request to have a utility bill mailed to the occupant of your property you must understand regardless of who resides at your property the owner of the property will always be responsible for unpaid invoices. Trash Form For Tenants
Where can I purchase my bags?
- The bags are now available for purchase at the Souderton Borough Office. The specially marked bags are $4.00 per bag. Click here for a photo of the bag.
- No more than 4 bags can be placed out on the curb per week. Please note: If one or more bags will be going to the curb per week, it may be more cost effective to go with the Standard Weekly Service Trash Recycling Tote Service.
Why did I get multiple sets of Totes?
- Each unit is required to have trash and/ or recycle service.
- If you have 4 units in your building you will receive 1 set of totes per unit. Four recycle totes and four trash totes.
- If you have a multi unit building please call our office 215-723-4371
I just moved into Souderton Borough. What should I do?
- At Settlement you should have received a copy of the trash form please update that form and return it to our office. You can either Fax it 215-723-4371, mail it, or email it to us.
- If you move in in the middle of a quarter if the seller already paid for full quarter you will pay them for the rest of your quarter, we will not be prorating the bills. If there is a outstanding Balance you will have to get that amount from Seller at settlement for their part of that quarter.
- If you have misplaced your letter please print form and send it in to office.
BULK removal information
J.P. Mascaro & Sons will also provide bulk waste removal service for standard service customers. By our contract they will pick up one bulk item (i.e. mattress, furniture, etc.) per household is permitted per week. No tires, TV’s, electronic devices, or appliances not containing Freon.
Appliances containing Freon, such as refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioners please contact montgomerycountyrecycles.com or call 610-278-3618 for a list of companies that will dispose of these items.
SINGLE-STREAM Recycling Collection
Residents can now recycle more and throw away less waste with a larger wheeled tote for recycling. You were provided with a new 64 gallon red toter with a blue lid. Recyclables can be mixed together. No Sorting needed and please don’t bag your recyclables.
Items that can be recycled are: newspapers, inserts & junk mail, magazines, catalogs and envelopes, paper back books and phone books, cardboard, clean pizza boxes, office & school papers (colored paper), box board (Cereal, cake, & cracker boxes), paper egg cartons, paper bags, aluminum cans & clean foil, tin c& empty steel aerosol cans, empty glass jars& bottles, and all plastic containers labeled #1-#7.
Items NOT to recycle: Garbage, plastic bags, food waster, Styrofoam, motor oil, plastic toys, batteries, electronics, CD/DVD, egg cartons, hangers, and yard waste. 12 items not to put in your recycling container.
What is Collected to be Recycled printable list of Recyclables.
Leaf and Brush
Borough will still pick up leaves and brush as they have been doing. Contact Borough office to get added to the list. They start the First Monday of the Month. No Alley pick up. Must be out front or on side street. Branches are to be 1-6 inches in Diameter 1-8 foot in length. No rootballs, shrubs or stumps. To dispose of items as rootballs, shrubs, stumps check the following websites. RichSoil.com 610-539-8988 or www.findacomposter.com. Twigs smaller than 1 inch maybe disposed of in your trash totter.