If you haven’t received your new JPM Red totes please contact the Borough office.
All Trash and Recycling will be picked up on Thursdays for the entire Borough.
J.P Mascaro & Sons will be the trash hauler for the Borough of Souderton until 2025. In addition to the ordinances for Waste collection please take a minute to review the updated information below for 2022 Trash/Recycling Collections.
Trash Holiday Schedule 2022-If a holiday is on your scheduled collection day (Thursday) then your collection will take place one day late (Friday): New Year’s Day (January 1), Memorial Day, Independence Day (July 4), Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day (only day effected in 2022 for day late service) and Christmas Day (December 25)
- The Cost for Standard Weekly Service Trash Recycling Tote Service (Full Service). The fee is $107.00 per quarter per unit. Detailed information from JP Mascaro & Sons on Price Increase.
- Call the Borough office with any Bulk items that need to be picked up. 215-723-4371. Please note All Mattresses and Box springs MUST be wrapped in PLASTIC TO BE PICKED UP! Additionally please make sure that all boards either have nails removed or bent over. All glass should be in a box or sealed container prior to placing them in the trash bag.
- The Bag Recycle Program The fee is $36.00 per quarter. SERVICE IS NOT ACCEPTING NEW RESIDENTS. ONLY CURRENT RESIDENT ON THE SERVICE MAY HAVE THIS SERVICE. Residents on the program will have a roll of 5 bags delivered in January and July. The cost for any additional bags needed will increase to $5.00 per bag. Additional bags may still be purchased at the Borough office. – SERVICE IS NOT ACCEPTING NEW RESIDENTS ONLY CURRENT RESIDENT ON THE SERVICE MAY HAVE THIS SERVICE
Collection day changed to Thursday to all Borough Residents Starting January 2022.
- Please make sure your totes are out by 6 am on day of collection. Have the wheels on your Trash and recycle totes towards your property. The lid should open towards the road or alley.
- Please contact the Borough office 215-723-4371 with issues with trash pick-up or questions about pick up.
- The most common reason your trash or recycling didn't get picked up is that the cans aren't to the edge of the property or totes are facing the correct direction. Trash hauler will not come on to your property to get the totes. Totes need to be moved from next to the garage to edge of property. If in an alley totes should be at end of parking area where alley meets parking area. Also trash hauler will not return the totes back on to your property they will put them back on the edge of the property.
- Second most common reason that your totes aren't getting picked up is because they are blocked. Please make sure that your car, mailboxes, poles, or lampposts aren't blocking your totes.
- One reasons that your Trash is picked up and not your Recycling would be: you have non recyclable items in your recycling can. Please review the list of recyclable items below.
- The bags are available for purchase at the Souderton Borough Office. The specially marked bags are $5.00 per bag. Click here for a photo of the bag.
- No more than 1 bag can be placed out on the curb per week. Please note: If you have more than one of trash per week, it may be beneficial to go with the Standard Weekly Service Trash Recycling Tote Service.
- At settlement you should have received a copy of the trash form please update that form and return it to our office. You can either Fax it 215-723-5569, mail it, or email it to us.
- If you move in in the middle of a quarter if the seller already paid for full quarter you will pay them for the rest of your quarter, we will not be prorating the bills. If there is a outstanding balance you will have to get that amount from seller at settlement for their part of that quarter.
- If you have misplaced your letter please print form and send it in to office.
- Ordinance no 15-720-03 Waste Collection and Recycling requires all residents and property owners to have Recycling and Trash Collection. Full service is the only service available to new residents.
- Do not put anything you do not wish to be picked up near your totes. For example, lawn chairs, portable basketball hoops, bicycles, etc.
These reasons are listed on the Notice of Non Compliance please click below for more reasons. Trash hauler has been putting Notice of Non-Compliance for curbside collection notices on your cans if they find issues. Please review the notice and make the changes needed to comply so that they will continue to pick up your trash/recycling.
- The bills will be mailed quarterly. Just like the sewer bills, trash service bills are payable to Souderton Borough.
|SEWER BILL INFORMATION|
|BILLING PERIOD||Mailed 1st Week||Due Dates|
|1st Quarter-Dec 1 to March 1||Bill: May||Due: 2nd Fri in June|
|2nd Quarter-March1 to June1||Bill August||Due : 2nd Fri in Sept|
|3rd Quarter-June 1 to Sept 1||Bill November||Due: 2nd Fri in Dec|
|4th Quarter-Sept 1 to Dec 1||Bill: February||Due:2nd Fri in March|
|TRASH BILLING INFORMATION|
|BILLING PERIOD||Mailed 1st Week||Due Dates|
|1st Quarter-Jan1 to March1||Bill January||2nd Friday in Feb|
|2nd Quarter-April 1 to July||Bill April||2nd Friday in May|
|3rd Quarter-July 1 to Oct 1||Bill July||2nd Friday in August|
|4th Quarter-Oct 1 to Jan1||Bill October||2nd Friday In Nov|
- Payments can be made in person or by mail. Payments can be made by cash, check or credit card. All card payments have a fee of 2.45 % min of $3.00 that Munici-pay retains. The borough doesn't keep the processing fee.
- When paying by check Sewer payments and Trash payments must be paid on two separate checks.
- Souderton Borough prefers both Trash and Sewer services mailing to go to the property owner or property manager. If you are a property owner and request to have a utility bill mailed to the occupant of your property you must understand regardless of who resides at your property the owner of the property will always be responsible for unpaid invoices.
Educational material about Recycling mandated by Act 101
RETRIEVR-Bulk Pick up Program
Recycling at Community Events
Ordinance no 10-694-05